Pages

Monday, 28 September 2015

Day 120 - Perigee Lunar Eclipse

My Wild Time today happened very early in the morning... a bit of astronomy in the form of the perigee lunar eclipse :)

Inconveniently, it happened in the early hours of the morning in the UK! I went to bed at about 11:30, got up at 2:30 and stayed up until 5:15 to look at the moon, before heading back to bed for a couple of hours. It could only have been better if Pa had set up the telescope, that would have been like reliving my childhood! He took some photos too, I haven't seen them but they're probably much better than mine as he has a lot more astro photography experience that I do!

I thought I was going to have a headache all day after an interrupted sleep, but I always feel better after less sleep rather than more and have been fine all day - no more tired than I usually am!

Anyway, I don't think I need to say any more as I'm sure you know about the eclipse already - maybe you were up watching it too?

Here are some of the photos I took... (the first two were actually taken before I went to bed on Sunday night, so are technically from 27th, all the others were taken between 2:45 & 5:15 this morning!)













Total lunar eclipses are not that rare, nor are perigee moons (or what the media go on about as supermoons all the time) but there won't be a perigee total eclipse again for a few years so I'm really glad it was actually clear and I was able to get up and see this one.



3 comments:

  1. Stunning photos Louise, I love that russet shade as the photos go on - you captured this beautifully! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant photos, Louise. We set the alarm for 2.50a.m. and got up to watch the moon for about an hour, I had to be up again for an appointment at the surgery for 8.50a.m. so I've been catching up on sleep ever since:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos. Mine from earlier in the evening just came out a shiny blur - must learn how to photograph the moon! I did crawl out of bed at 3.40 when it was almost in full eclipse but only lasted a couple of minutes before climbing back under the duvet! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...