Pages

Tuesday, 22 September 2015

Day 113 - A Digger Wasp

A rainy day.

I had a wander around the garden in the rain but didn't find anything interesting...







Later in the day, when I got home from school and the sun was shining, I spotted something on the hedge as I parked. I got out of the car carefully so I didn't scare it away, at first thinking it was an Ichneumon wasp of some sort, but on closer inspection I realised it was a different kind of wasp and have since identified it as a Field Digger Wasp.  





I found a short video of one of these when I was checking my identification -- here -- and here's a -- link -- to some information about field digger wasps.





1 comment:

  1. My daughter will be cursing you because I've now got 'raindrops on roses' going round in my head and I've been driving her mad lately singing it! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...