Pages

Monday, 31 August 2015

Day 92 - On the Rocks

Today is the end of the third month of 'Wild' - I'm a quarter of the way through my wild year now!

A rainy day today - a Bank Holiday here - so I put on my rainy day T shirt this morning...


and in the afternoon, after I had done most of today's jobs, I headed out into the Great British Weather for some time at Home on the rocks. Just me and the birds :)


I took one of my favourite paths, one that is quieter than many other paths and, on a day like today, I knew I was guaranteed to meet only sheep as I walked - no humans!


As well as the sheep, I saw one peregrine falcon, one kestrel, one buzzard and wrens, swallows and meadow pipits.

At the top I walked to the spot where I can see the house I called home until I was 22 (and a half!) and stood on the rocks that my old bedroom window had a view of.


I can still see these rocks from where I live now, but I can see the whole lot, a few miles away rather than just a part of them close up!  I miss being able to just step out of the door and walk up on to the rocks!

My plan was successful today; avoid the main / popular paths to avoid the people! On my descent, I passed only the two men (in red) you can see in the last photo, no one else :)


5 comments:

  1. That sounds lovely! Are those the rocks that Elizabeth Bennett stands on in the BBC Pride and Prejudice? Sad to leave your home after so long!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, these are in the Staffordshire Moorlands, Elizabeth was in neighbouring Derbyshire, on Stanage.

      Delete
    2. Hope you don't mind my adding to this but the 1995 BBC P&P filmed at Longnor and The Roaches for the Derbyshire travels with the Gardiners scenes. Longnor was used for the inn The Lamb scenes. The later film with Kiera Knightly was filmed on Stanage Edge:)

      Delete
    3. No I don't mind, thanks for the info! I have the 1995 film but have never watched it and I don't think I've seen the more recent one either - I rarely watch anything! I do recall Longnor being used in the earlier one but hadn't realised the Roaches were too - shameful as I'd have been down the road when they were filming, hehe!

      Delete
  2. Back to your wonderful photos - the purple heather looks wonderful. Isn't it great to be out and not see a soul? I love that - I also love your splashand wellies t shirt:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...