Pages

Saturday, 29 August 2015

Day 90 - On Baslow Edge

I woke up fancying a trip to Baslow Edge this morning and decided to head out and have breakfast from Jolly's. I didn't make it to the edge until lunchtime as I read a bit in bed and then faffed for a while at home before heading out!  I had tea and a brownie plus a cold drink (sparkling elderflower and pomegranate with fresh mint and raspberries) and took them down the road and out on to the edge for breakfast (lunch?!) with a view...

 

I had three of these little guys crawling around on the rock next to me :)


The heather is looking lovely and the views aren't bad up here either.




I had to tread carefully as there were bees all over the ground. Some in and out of nest holes, like this one.










I also found several fox moth caterpillars, but only this one that wasn't squashed. People should look where they are walking!












There were small patches of cotton grass


and a few cowberries



After the cotton grass, I turned back as I had other things to do and needed to get home so couldn't make it a long walk this time.





On Baslow Edge looking across to Curbar Edge


Once I reached the road, I crossed it and headed toward Curbar Edge just for five minutes to say hello to the cows before I left.








4 comments:

  1. What a lovely place, would be quite happy to have lunch, tea and supper out n the moor. Supper finds to.
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, gorgeous photos Louise. Makes me want to go back even more.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the perfect day out. The little splashes of colour from the heather a beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What type of beetle is that? He's beautiful!!! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...