Pages

Thursday, 20 August 2015

Day 81 - Change in the air

I've really noticed the season beginning to change this week. Something in the air, early mornings with an autumnal feel, leaves changing and falling. At Coombes Valley on Tuesday it felt and smelled like a sunny October day rather than August, which made me think of this tweet I saw from Very British Problems!


In the garden this week I have noticed that the leaves on a cherry tree over the hedge are beginning to show their autumn colours and today I took a photo.


Later in the day, I picked a few blackberries in Grandmother's garden.


She wanted me to eat them so I brought them home to humour her, but what she hadn't spotted was that most of these berries had a grub or two on them, so I put them out for the birds (though I reckon the badger will eat them when he comes!).



3 comments:

  1. Autumn is knocking on the door, that's for sure. Some people are still waiting for summer, but I do like this time of the year it's a bit like Spring, you can have a good clear out and I like the smell of the fresh air coming through the open door.
    I will make time to go and get some Blackberries this weekend to make some jam as they do look nice even with a few bugs.
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really cross I didn't pick the blackberries at the end of our garden sooner as I'd missed the best of them. Probably ate grubs too! Don't mention the A word, seriously, it drives me MAD!! I REFUSE to acknowledge it until The end of October!!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't decide whether to go blackberry picking or not this year. I'd pretty much decided not to but then I opened a jar of my jam from last year and it's so good that I'm now wavering! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...