Hen Harrier Eve, at The Palace Hotel in Buxton.
An event to support Hen Harrier Day and help to win the fight to save our Hen Harriers and end the outdated and ridiculous Victorian idea that everything with talons and a hooked beak should be shot (or trapped, or poisoned).
I spent the evening listening to some very inspiring speakers including...
Mark Avery (Former RSPB Conservation Director (now freelance) and co-organiser of HHD)
Mark Cocker (Author and naturalist)
Jeremy Deller (The Turner Prize winning artist)
Amanda Miller (RSPB conservation manager for Northern England)
Findlay Wilde (A young conservationist)
And, of course, the legendary and brilliant Chris Packham.
It was a brilliant evening. I put pennies in the bucket at the BAWC stand and paid Jeremy Deller £5 to make a print and have it signed - all of the money from those prints will go towards helping our Hen Harriers too. That's actually Jeremy Deller above in the grey t shirt, he was sat just in front of me.
Oh, and I mustn't forget the other special guest...
Henry Hen Harrier, who has been touring the country.


That sounds a worthy cause! x
ReplyDelete