Pages

Wednesday, 12 August 2015

Day 73 - Wild Wednesday: Sticktastic

Wild Wednesday today - my favourite 'work' day in the summer holiday, volunteering with Derbyshire Wildlife Trust. I wish I could do more really as I love it, but Staffordshire W.T. pay me for school holiday work and I have to prioritise the pennies, sadly!

Anyway, this week's theme was Sticktastic!

It was a drop in session for families to come along and...

Build towers with sticks


Make stickmen (and stickladies!)


Use sticks to make a wind chime


Create a leaf wall hanging


(To do this, choose a leaf, put it under a piece of fabric then bash the leaf with a mallet a few times to make a print)


Once the leaf print is done, decorate around it with natural paints and stick paint 'brushes'


These paints were made using squashed berries and turmeric and paprika with a bit of water added to make a paste.


 There was also bug hunting and making charcoal and bread on the camp fire.


The weather was good - hot and sunny - and the families that came along today all had a great time! It was a busy day though, especially in the sunshine, so I came home tired and in need of a shower! All good fun though - another brilliant Wild Wednesday!




2 comments:

  1. WHAT a fun-looking day! So inventive!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super activities Louise, those stick people are fab!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...