I decided I fancied a trip to Bakewell as I hadn't been for a while, followed by popping into the farm shop at Chatsworth for some cider (it's the only place I know - aside from the cinema I go to - that sells Dunkerton's Black Fox) but I did squeeze in a couple of 'wild' moments...
A few minutes spent watching the wheat rippling in the wind (and all the wood pigeons perched on the surrounding walls)
I liked watching waves move through the wheat so much I even made a little video (it was cut short by a car about to pass)
In Bakewell, I had a wander by the river watching the trout and the birds
On a non-wild note - though it does feature fruit ;) - I also satisfied my desire to eat some good cake. I visited a cafe I hadn't tried before. The signage at this cafe is off putting for me, as well as it being a chocolatiers (I'm not a big chocolate eater) but the board outside advertising a treacle, ginger and lime cake (which was also gluten free) tempted me inside and I really liked it (I'd definitely eat there again).
The treacle, ginger and lime cake was good!I also had my first EVER smoothie, haha! It was called Berry Bliss and contained mixed berries and apple juice. I very rarely photograph food but today I decided it'd make a nice photo...

wonderful wild moments, enjoyed catching up! and viewing the landscape and wildlife ;) x
ReplyDeleteLove the duck's bum!
ReplyDeleteLovely, love the duck and the rippling wheat. Your cake and smoothie look very tasty:)
ReplyDeleteYou DON'T LIKE CHOCOLATE!???????????????????????????????????????/ We clearly can't be friends ;-)
ReplyDeleteLOVE the wheat video. I took a video of the grasses moving in the Lake district recently as I found them mesmerising!
It was lovely to see a trout too!x
That book is amazing sounding!
ReplyDeleteThere are some big trout in the River Wye aren't there? You're right about the cafe website but I shall defintely try the cafe itself next time I'm in Bakewell. Unlike you I am a big fan of chocolate:)
ReplyDelete