I did have some nice, outdoor plans for today but they were cancelled this morning leaving me at a loose end and not knowing what to do. I did hope to do the Butterfly Count but then thick cloud rolled in and didn't budge and it was quite cool so I wasn't hopeful. There were absolutely loads of flies and wasps in the laurel hedge, as usual - the hedge hums with the sound of them all.
There wasn't a single butterfly in sight , except for these lovely illustrations on a card which came through the letterbox for me this morning.
It has been a depressing day really so these are the only photos I managed from the short period of time I spent outdoors. Tomorrow is a new day, hopefully a better one with more outdoor time.
I've had a few days like these recently Louise, especially with the inclement weather we've been having. I love the top shot though, really good capture and the card is so pretty! - Tasha
ReplyDeleteThat card is beautiful! At camp, I was surprised what a limited selection of butterflies there were- Meadow Brown, Speckled Wood, Cabbage White and the best of the lot, Brimstone!x
ReplyDelete