A day at home today. I'm feeling very tired this week - so many busy days. I had to take my grandmother shopping this morning and then I needed to do all the washing and cleaning as I'm doing wildplay all day tomorrow again (since I started volunteering & working with the two Wildlife Trusts, my school "holidays" have become busier than my term time weeks!).
My wild moments today were limited to watching the birds in the garden. I only managed a photo of this dunnock...
...but before that I was entertained by a young blackbird learning in the garden and being easily scared by some food! Then a flock of house sparrows landed on and started pecking - I counted approximately 30 :)
Later in the afternoon I watched (and heard the calls of) a pair of buzzards circling over head, and third just over the valley.
I attempted a photo but they were rather high above me so it was quite a blurry result - not that the light was very good for it anyway!
Lovely Dunnock and buzzards! We were treated to many red kites swooping over camp last week!x
ReplyDeleteI'm not surprised you're tired - I can hardly keep up with your posts! A dunnock regularly visits our garden - I think it might actually be living in the conifer hedge at the back. Did you do any meteor watching this week? We stayed up until 1.30 and managed to see a few - the peak must have been later. x
ReplyDeleteNo I didn't meteor watch this time (I often do!) as I've had to be up early every day and I have been so tired, I didn't think it'd be very good to stay up late as once I started I'd have been out for far too long!
DeleteI remember one year, back when Dave was living in Wolverhampton, the Perseids peak was on a sunday night when I had to drive Dave home so we purposely left late to be driving back at 11ish and I saw the best meteors I've ever seen on that journey - it was almost like fireworks!
Lovely photos Louise. I hope your wildplay can be diverted indoors today in this awful weather - our sparrows and dunnocks are looking very bedraggled this morning:)
ReplyDeleteSadly not today - we were outdoors - Hem Heath wood in the morning but it was raining so heavily we didn't even set up, just waited in the van to see if anyone came! Then Burslem Park in the afternoon where we had 2 children. I've never had such a quiet wildplay day before.
Delete