I found two peacock butterflies in the garden yesterday (on day 89, I'm posting on day 90). It's nice to see a few at last. Pa tells me there were 30 on the buddleia whilst the sun was shining today, but I missed those!
Other nature based moments on my travels yesterday included bright sunshine on ferns...
Spotting a lovely line of sycamore and beech trees...
and noticing these back lit poppies...
It was breezy so the poppy just above the centre looks like it is on a fire a little here!!
I love Peacock butterflies! They are so jolly!x
ReplyDeleteWe saw lots of peacocks at Brockholes the other day - the most I've seen all summer as butterflies seem much scarcer this year. Also had our first big spider run across the living room last night. Oh no, spider season has started! x
ReplyDeleteYes "speedy steve" is back doing laps around the study of an evening here. Feet up!
Delete(Actually I think it's a female spider and it won't be the same "Steve" that's moved in the last two years but I'll just carry on calling it speedy steve regardless!)