Make room for nature every June with The Wildlife Trust's 30 Days Wild, no matter where you are or how busy your life! Complete A Random Act of Wildness every day for the month... anything that you can do in an average working day to bring a little nature into your life. Find inspiration at http://mywildlife.org.uk/30DaysWild/
Tuesday, 22 December 2015
Day 205 - Winter Solstice
The first day of winter.
This morning (before the rain came) I went into the garden and took a few sprigs of holly from the hedge. I like having a mixed hedge down one side of the garden!
A little later I went for a short walk to gather a little ivy as there isn't any in the garden any more.
Back home, the autumn bowl became the winter bowl...
I know it doesn't look brilliant, but I'm ok with my 'twigs stuffed in a jar' efforts!
I don't really 'do' creativity - I'm the academic one, my sister is the creative one! If I'd asked her to put something together, it would have looked amazing (she's a florist). One day I might make a proper effort to collect some greenery and ask my sister to arrange it artfully for me... one day!
This evening I lit some candles as I do every Winter Solstice.
Labels:
winter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You may not think you are creative but I think you have demonstrated considerable creativity on this blog over time! That arrangement is beautiful!x
ReplyDelete