A long day at school today. It was weird, after a seven week summer holiday and lots of Wildplay or time outdoors, to be indoors for a whole day - stepping outside at the end of the day was lovely, as was the scent of freshly cut grass as I passed a bit of hay making on my way home.
Early this morning the golden sunlight and the mist in the valley were looking good.
I went outside to check on my grapefruit halves...
Nothing! I finally ate a grapefruit I've had in the fridge for about three weeks last night and decided, as this was a white grapefruit rather than red like the last one, I'd give the grapefruit bug catcher (see
Day 26!) another go. I put out my halves at dusk last night and checked them before I went to school this morning and when I got home. It seems there aren't any grapefruit loving bugs in the garden here.
I didn't get home until about 5:30 and I was tired so my 'wild time' today was spent at the bottom of the garden looking for butterflies amongst the Buddleia. Two peacocks and a small tortoiseshell were all I saw in the five minutes I was watching (plus a few bees). I've noticed that the butterflies seem to prefer the white bush over the two different purple-y ones.
 |
| Small tortoiseshell |
 |
| Peacock |
 |
| Peacock |
 |
| Peacock |
 |
| Peacock |
 |
| Small tortoiseshell |
Beautiful mist AND butterflies! In my experience, they like the purple ones better! Funny eh!?x
ReplyDeleteIt's tough being back at work. I've been tired in the evenings too and the last thing I wanted was to see a computer again so I've been going out to catch the last of the evening light. Lovely butterfly shots. x
ReplyDelete