Pages

Monday, 2 November 2015

Day 155 - Fog

A very foggy day.

Thick fog in the valleys around here today but, above a certain level, clear blue skies and sunshine. There were little pockets where it was clear lower down and foggy on the hills.

It was an atmospheric journey into school...






The last two photos were taken later on, when I was heading home...


Look at my shadow below...


A kind-of-Brocken Spectre (OK, so it's not like the proper ones you see from mountains or from the hills around here like Mam Tor, but it was still nice to see). I was already standing on top of a dry stone wall to get this much of my shadow onto the mist so it's a shame I couldn't have got my shadow legs a bit higher!  The rainbow-halo around my shadow was much brighter and rainbow-y to my eye, the camera didn't capture the colour too well.


If you haven't heard of a Brocken Spectre before there's a little information - here.




1 comment:

  1. Oooh, these are gorgeous!!! We didn't enjoy travelling from Northumberland in the fog- was scary in fact to be travelling on a motorway with juggernaults beside you!! These are beautiful and your shadow one is definitely eerie!x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...