I got up close to a couple of barn owls today at Chatsworth's annual jewellery fair hosted by local jewellers, C.W. Sellors.
I'd gone along to have a look at a particular piece of jewellery I have
my eye on, only to discover they hadn't brought any of what I wanted to
this event, so I'm going have to visit the stores in Derbyshire towns
now and see which one has what I want in stock.
Still, it was worth going along to meet Dick and Dom, the 9 year old
owls, kept by the lady I've done a couple of fungi forays with who was there
on behalf of Derbyshire Wildlife Trust. She had a full collection box
which was stuffed with lots of notes too, so I guess people like the
owls!
Whilst at Chatsworth, I also noted the deer in park, lots of stags out and some with broken antlers so it looks like there has been some rutting.

Barn owls are so cute!x
ReplyDeleteI love the way barn owls seem to turn their heads nearly all the way round:)
ReplyDelete