I was at Chatsworth on Sunday eventing for the Fire Garden & Fireworks so decided to make today's wild time a walk in the woods on the Chatsworth Estate as the sun was going down...
The colours were pretty amazing in the late afternoon sunshine...
The light really was this orange under the beech trees! Look how that golden sunshine illuminated by dark green wellies (well, the mud on them!)
Then the sun dipped beneath the horizon
A male tawny owl flew by rather close, calling hoo-hooooo as he passed.
The hunting lodge in the blue hour light
Time to head down towards the car park.
On the car park, I heard a female tawny owl calling amongst the nearby trees :)
The fire garden was interesting, but as always with Chatsworth, not as good as it could have been, or should have been. I'll write a about that on the main blog - and what a treat I have for you when I do, a fine example of British Eccentricity! Brass band rave on the south lawn anyone?!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)