Saturday was rather foggy.
I fancied a walk on Stanton Moor, somewhere I've not visited for a while (not since July 2014 it seems from my main blog). On the way over, passing a field of black cows I spotted a little black calf sitting at the side of the field. I was thinking it was an odd looking calf and then I realised it also had antlers!
It was one of the population of melanistic fallow deer that live around Stanton.
Making my way on to Stanton Moor, I passed this sweet chestnut...
and the Corkstone
into the mist.
I watched a large flock of bramblings flying around in the trees above me in the birch wood. Every so often, the group would shift to another group of trees.
Birch bolete mushroom
There were lots of droplet covered webs on the moor
and some yellow stag's horn fungus
Plus these tiny ones that I'm not familiar with. I'd guess at some kind of waxcap.
Here are the Nine Ladies - how rare to find it not occupied by groups of people already. A rare person free photo of it!
There's the sun. At times throughout the day it did break through and clear little areas of fog.
Fly agaric - the least damaged example I've found this autumn!
You can just see the fly agaric below too, a little red dot in the middle of the photo.
I love walks on foggy days :)
Probably my most favourite spot is a Stanton Moor. I've lots of childhood memories and more recent memories of days with my son on the moor, where he first held a map. Not that he could read it at the age of four.
ReplyDeleteSome splendid photos and what a turn up, the Nine Ladies to your self !
Those spider web shots are stunning Louise, so pretty! Love the one of the deer too. - Tasha
ReplyDeleteI remember the 9 ladies being a key plot device in a Doctor Who adventure called 'The stones of blood' ( I think so anyway!) . They look great. I'm greatly intrigued by those orange fungi!!! So bright!!!
ReplyDelete