Pages

Saturday, 10 October 2015

Day 131 - Autumn in the sunshine

A few scenes from another quick dog walk...


I watched all the activity on the ivy for a few minutes - very busy with flies and wasps!



This is the same shaggy inkcap which featured two days ago... a bit further on now...


I collected conkers (they all seem very small this year to me). Excuse the horribly blown out photo. The sunshine was so bright.


I scuffled through fallen leaves too :)


Ma and Pa are back home so my doggy duties are over now :)  (until next time!).

As a side note, they spent the week in Northumberland, by the observatory at Kielder. My dad had booked a talk about the Aurora Borealis there, at the observatory... on Wednesday... the same day that both Aurora Watch and the MET office sent out warnings for a high chance of seeing the Northern Lights. How lucky can you get?!!

Part way through the talk they all dashed out and had some spectacular views of the lights. Dad got some fantastic photos, and he and my mum stayed out until 2am for it!  He said one couple on the talk had travelled to Iceland on an Aurora tour and not seen anything at all - it's all chance, being in the right place and the right time. I wish I had been there.





1 comment:

  1. Lucky Dad!!! I love Kielder!!! That's where we saw our first red squirrel!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...