Pages

Sunday, 11 October 2015

Day 133 - UK Fungus Day

In honour of UK Fungus Day, I went for a wander in a wood where I've found lots of fungus in the past. Here are some of my fungi finds...

birch polypore (Piptoporus betulinus)


birch russula (Russula betularum)

common yellow russula (Russula ochroleuca)

shaggy scalycap (Pholiota squarrosa)

brown roll rim (Paxillus involutus)

deceiver Laccaria laccata) - I think.

something old and very mouldy!

sulphur tuft (Hypholoma fasciculare)


Above / below - maybe grooved bonnets (Mycena polygramma) but I'm guessing a bit here so am probably wrong!


I think these are old shaggy scalycaps

common yellow russula (Russula ochroleuca)

unknown



I'm not sure about the above / below photos but I suspect these could be clustered bonnet (Mycena inclinata). Or possibly grooved bonnet again? Please correct me if you know otherwise!


earthballs (Scleroderma citrinum)



candlesnuff fungus (Xylaria hypoxylon)

The last four images are all white saddle (Helvella crispa), but at different stages.










3 comments:

  1. I went on a fungal foray a couple of weeks ago in Cheshire and it was such good fun learning about the different names and some of the folklore around them. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candlesnuff Fungus is one of my favourites, I love the way they appear above the soil! You found so many amazing types here Louise! Thank you for all of the lovely comments lately too. - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw some candlesnuff fungus in the woods today and recognised it from seeing it on your blog :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...