Pages

Sunday, 4 October 2015

Day 124 - Mist and Antlers

I've been away for the weekend (hence the recent lack of comments - I have some catching up to do over the next few days!).

Friday began with an autumnal feel, mist in the valleys and a lovely sunrise. I spent a few minute in the garden listening to the birds after taking these photos from the house.


After a busy morning at home and an afternoon at school, I set off for a four hour drive to the East Coast.

On the way I noticed all the balloons heading up from Tissington...


I stopped for a few minutes to watch them rising.


It was a balloon enthusiasts event for solo balloonists. You can read more about that here, and see some photos ---> http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/amazing-video-daring-solo-balloonists-dangling/story-27919179-detail/story.html

Then I continued on my journey and, as I drove past Big Moor, spotted a fine pair of antlers!  I was able to turn the car around and go back to take a few photos.


The evening light was lovely but the stag didn't hand around.


His harem were just a few metres away too, but I didn't take any photos of the females.

After almost four hours driving, I arrived in Bridlington and made my way to the flat I was staying in for the weekend. Outside the door I spotted an angle shades moth not looking too good.


Closer inspection revealed it had some cobweb wrapped around a back leg and stuck to the wing so it couldn't fly.  It was lucky I arrived and noticed it - I was able to cut the string of web away and let it fly on :)


I spent the weekend in Bridlington as I had booked another seabird cruise (I posted about one of these cruises in June, --> here) so I had lots of time outdoors and lots of sea bird spotting this weekend - I'll be back soon with a post about Saturday, Day 125.







3 comments:

  1. so lovely to catch up on your wild posts, you have captured the autumnal feel of the evening sun light so perfectly, such wonderful walks and nature x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those misty photos are gorgeous as are the photos of the stag.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos especially the misty ones and the stag in the long grass - perfect! Glad you were able to save the moth:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...