Pages

Saturday, 10 October 2015

Day 132 - Another Fungal Foray

Another fungal foray today, but this time I was out with Derbyshire Wildlife Trust at Crich Chase Meadows, near Belper. The site includes ancient grassland and ancient woodland and we found a great variety of species and I learned a few things too :)


Meadow Waxcap (Hygrocybe pratensis)...


Vermillion Waxcap - Hygrocybe miniata (probably)...


Parrot Waxcap (plus a leafhopper!) - Hygrocebe psittacina


Two kinds of club fungus - Orange - Clavulinopsis laeticolor - and White - Clavaria fragilis (I think, could be wrong)


Some small fungus past sporing (possibly rootlet brittlestem as there were some nearby)...


Dung roundhead -Stropharia semiglobata


Blackening Waxcap - Hygrocebe conica


Liberty Cap - Psilocybe semilanceata (also know as the magic mushroom ;) !)


The gills of possibly a Slender Parasol...


True Parasol - Macrolepiota procera...


Amethyst Deceiver - Laccaria amethystina...
 

Wood Blewitt - Clitocybe nuda...


These are just some of the fungi found so it wasn't a bad haul at all this morning and there was plenty of ground we hadn't covered at that!





1 comment:

  1. That vermillion waxcap is absolutely stunning, the colour is so pretty! I love fungi, they're just so pretty and the dewy spiderwebs are just lovely. - Tasha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...