Pages

Friday, 23 October 2015

Day 144 - Fly agaric and a Partridge

I noticed some mushrooms have popped up at school this week, fly agaric. I'm very surprised that my 'health and safety' obsessed school hasn't removed them. I suspect that they either haven't noticed them (wouldn't surprise me) or have no idea what kind they are (which is highly likely, nobody 'does' nature where I work).


Driving home I met a red legged partridge standing on the lane who wasn't at all bothered as I drove past him (slowly), stopped to take a photo and then, when I realised he wasn't just going to flee,  reversed into a field gateway and took some more photos. I had a good 5 minutes before a van came by (much faster than me) and scared him away.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...