Pages

Wednesday, 28 October 2015

Day 149 - Padley Gorge and Steve Backshall

Yesterday I squeezed in a walk at Padley Gorge before heading into Sheffield to see Steve Backshall on his Wild World tour (very good he was too!)

Padley Gorge is worth a visit at any time of the year (as you'll have seen previously on my main blog) but if I only visit once in a year, it's always in autumn. Despite it being a foggy day, the gorge didn't disappoint and there was some brilliant autumn colour.



It was weird seeing buttercups growing in the grass surrounded by fallen, brown leaves...


The natural world seems a tad confused again; spring bulbs are popping up in my grandmother's garden and I've heard of goat willow catkins and hawthorn blossom (alongside red berries and minus any leaves!) appearing in other areas!








What do you see in this tree?


I thought it looked like a deer, with one antler!












fieldfare








3 comments:

  1. That tree looked very frowny faced!! What a great place to walk. lovely and quiet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tree does look like a deer with one antler! I love it when you can see faces hidden within nature, it always makes me smile. The shot of the little bridge being overlooked by the trees in their autumn colours is beautiful - this area looks lovely! I bet Steve Backshall was great, he's always really engaging and interesting whenever I've watched a documentary he's been doing. - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures really do illustrate how beautiful Autumn is.x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...