Make room for nature every June with The Wildlife Trust's 30 Days Wild, no matter where you are or how busy your life! Complete A Random Act of Wildness every day for the month... anything that you can do in an average working day to bring a little nature into your life. Find inspiration at http://mywildlife.org.uk/30DaysWild/
Sunday, 15 November 2015
Day 164 - Holly
Wednesday 11th November - probably the the worst day I've had so far in terms of this project, with zero time outdoors! I did still appreciate all the nature around me whilst driving to school, but all I managed to do was stop the car and take one rubbish photo through the window. I only had a a couple of minutes to spare before school, then it was a long day with a long staff meeting afterwards followed by getting home late, well after darkness had descended.
At least I managed one photo - a web on holly - even if it a bad one (not even in focus!). I considered quitting this (and project 365!) after today, but one bad photo is still one bad photo of nature and most of my days are better than this. I'm approaching half way so not going to give up that easily.
Labels:
autumn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The holly is beautiful! I think the point is, you are still thinking about nature even if you didn't get to do anything overtly 'outdoors' or 'wild'. By committing to this project, nature is always on your mind! What about a post where you put some of your 'wild aims' on a day where you didn't get to get outside.x
ReplyDeleteThanks for the suggestion. I always notice nature around me - from in the house or in the car - I always have done and I am always aware of it and looking out for it, but the whole point of 30 Days Wild was to spend some time outdoors every day and so by extending the 30 days to a whole year, in my head I am aiming to spend some time outdoors every single day and will fail if I don't do that. I did say at the time that there would be days (as I was thinking ahead to winter and long working days!) when all I could managed was just taking a photo - just a minute or two outdoors - but I think I'm so lucky that I can easily spend so much time outdoors, and do so!, that it just feels like a fail at the moment to not have time for outdoors! This will be regular Wednesday thing whilst it's dark early, but it'll soon be the Christmas holidays and then gradually, the evenings will be getting lighter so it's a short term problem. I've just not had the best week!
DeleteDon't quit. Your pictures are enriching my days. I'm sure it's not just MY days, but a lot of people's days. Cause it's not all about me. :) I can't imagine living where you are, with so much nature right there. I live in the middle of downtown. Not even a balcony. Your pictures bring me joy.
ReplyDelete