Pages

Monday, 9 November 2015

Day 162 - Inkcaps

Another wet day, very windy too. In the garden this morning I found some (well past it!) common glistening inkcaps, with the black 'ink' hanging in sticky threads.





Well, I'm pretty sure they're common inkcaps anyway.


Thanks to someone on Twitter, I stand corrected :)

It looks like these are glistening inkcaps. I had considered that earlier, but wasn't convinced and thought they would more likely be common inkcaps.
Oliver, on Twitter, pointed out that common ones aren't so pleated and thought they were glistening and, on a second look, I agreed. I should have followed my first instinct!

2 comments:

  1. Great photos of a glistening inkcap, Louise! You fungi photos always remind me of a wonderful yearlong course in mycology that I took for the sheer joy of taking it. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, Louise:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...