Pages

Monday, 16 November 2015

Day 166 - A Wasp

When I got into my car on Friday, I noticed a wasp sitting on my windscreen. It made no attempts to move and clearly was not going to be around for much longer, but I wasn't going to just drive away with it sat there, so I moved it on a nearby shrub, where it crawled underneath the leaf, I suppose into a sort of hiding place.



I like wasps and I think the amount of bad press they receive is a real shame, as are people's over reactions towards a wasp being nearby.  In 32 years of playing outside, I have only been stung twice - and the first time was not until the age of 25! The second time was multiple stings after I hugged a tree and must have accidentally disturbed a nest as my cardigan filled with wasps and I got stung many times!!  It wasn't too bad though, obviously it stung, but I just laughed!



1 comment:

  1. I've never been stung by bee or wasp so I have no idea if I'm allergic to their stings hence my caution around wasps as they always seem to make a bee-line (sorry about the pun) for me on picnics and etc. , bees don't bother me so much as I was told as a child that they will not sting unless absolutely forced to. They are amazing creatures and I wouldn't want to hurt one by swatting it so I just try and avoid them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...