Blossom and blue sky
Speedwell
Plenty of bees and flies
Violets
At the pond, there were loads of newts (both smooth and great crested) all swimming up to the surface then back down amongst the plants.
They were coming up all over the place so the camera was never in the right place at the right time and I didn't manage any good photos, just rushed snaps as I tried to keep up with where they were surfacing!
I gave up on taking photos and just made a short video instead!
Then found a newt at the surface, investigating a little piece of wood...
There was a great diving beetle too
And as I made my way home again, I spotted a chiffchaff calling from the top of a hawthorn.
Today is a busy day hence getting this post in early... I've walked the dog, taken my car to the garage for a minor repair and had an appointment in town. Just enough time to publish this before I go to work and then this evening I'm heading for Manchester to see Chris Packham's Sparkle Jar talk.
Love the shots of the newts here Louise, what a find! Those blossoms against the blue sky are gorgeous too. Enjoy the talk this evening! - Tasha
ReplyDeleteMy mum is off to the Natural History museum to hear Chris Packham talk. I am jealous!
ReplyDeleteSO glad you caught the newt in an image! x
Very appropriate name for the pond ; ). And that is one giant beetle. It looks like it's about the size of my palm.
ReplyDelete