Pages

Thursday, 19 May 2016

Day 354 - In the garden pond

I went to do my now regular Thursday tadpole check today. I can't easily keep the weekly tadpole development series going now that they've dispersed and are all over the pond and very well hidden, but I did see a few so there are still tadpoles around.

The water mint is getting quite tall now in the pond, lily pads are reaching the surface and there's some bogbean flowering now...


This is the best I could do tadpole wise...


the head is hidden in the algae but you may just be able to spot the tail sticking out, just left of the centre.  This is why I'm not hopeful for keeping the weekly tadpole photos going, but I'll keep an eye on them and try to capture them at a few more stages before they become froglets if I can find them!



4 comments:

  1. it's wonderful to watch the tadpoles developing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a few tadpoles in my little Pond, surprised they are doing so well as the birds are often found bathing in the water, they make me laugh as they will line up round the edge and take turns to go in.
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alas, I can't see it too well but I am loving the weekly update!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog so much. Even when things are crazy in my neck of the woods I can always flip through your posts on a slow day and get so much peace from your discoveries and pictures.

    The buds of the flowers in this post are the most perfect pink and so unexpected.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...