A couple of inches of snow fell overnight :)
It was melting through the day but there's still a nice covering on the ground. I'm hoping for more, of course. I'll be disappointed if I don't get at least one snow day this winter!
I made sure there was plenty of food out for the birds who visit the garden. There were a lot of them today - all the usual visitors, but all here at the same time, fighting over the feeders and chasing each other away - house sparrows, long tailed tits, dunnocks, goldfinches, robins, blackbirds, blue tits, great tits, chaffinches plus a song thrush, a couple of starlings and a few crows, jackdaws and wood pigeons.
This afternoon, I went out for walk. Just one from home, out of the front door and off I go...
I love it when all the trees retain their covering of snow
I spotted the buzzard sitting in the tree above...
and when I turned around after taking a closer photo of him, there was a fox on the path behind me! The movement as I turned around scared him though, he froze for a moment and looked at me, then trotted away out of sight.
Daffodils are well on their way!
Beautiful snowy scenes here Louise - that last shot is stunning! - Tasha
ReplyDeleteLovely scenes. Love the ones with the berries. Thanks for the comment - I read Room a while ago. My year of books is Us by david Nichols. X
ReplyDelete