Pages

Sunday, 31 January 2016

Day 245 - The Big Garden Birdwatch

My Wild Time today was spent watching the birds in the garden for an hour for the RSPB Big Garden Birdwatch!

I didn't really do it at the best time of day and I'm sure my results would have looked very different if I'd done it yesterday, when it was colder, drier and brighter rather than today, a wet and breezy day, but I had to fit ii my garden birdwatch when it was convenient for me! I just took a couple of photos whilst I was watching, so I had something for the blog and 365...




Here are my results...


I messed up here and accidentally clicked twice for wood pigeon - it should have been 1. I'm not too worried though as I often seen 2 or 3 wood pigeons in the garden at once. I also saw a wren, but that isn't shown in my results - I did include it when I submitted my sightings so perhaps they only display 10 species in the results.

It's a little disappointing that I was only able to record 11 species as there are lots of other avian visitors to the garden, but I only had an hour to observe and the garden was pretty quiet today - I guess lots of birds are just staying out of the rain!






3 comments:

  1. That seems a pretty good result to me for only an hour! I'm sure I'd have had a lot less even if it hadn't been windy and raining non-stop all day. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snap on the 17 sparrows. You had quite a good selection of species - one thing we'll never get here are pheasants. We ought to have done the count on Saturday really but wanted to go for a walk whilst the weather was dry. Ironically we saw loads of birds on our walk as someone had been leaving seed on the walls and posts. Nuthatches, bullfinches and woodpeckers were all around as were wrens and robins:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good collection of birds, my Sparrows have gone down over the past years but the Starlings have gone up, we can get up to 10 Collared doves at any one time but on the day only four turned up.
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...