Pages

Wednesday, 11 May 2016

Day 346 - Cuckoo bees

A misty start to the day, I stopped to enjoy the rather autumnal looking views...

Shutlingsloe in the morning mist

Later on, I watched all the bees and flies on the laurel hedge by my car, and the activity in the drystone wall below. There were absolutely loads of cuckoo bees today, some kind of Nomada I think but I've not tried to identify them properly. Please correct me if I'm wrong.







2 comments:

  1. Definitely nomada, the mix of yellow and brown looks like nomada flava though they're one of those annoying insects that all vary in appearance so different species can look like each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was thinking Nomada flava too after a very quick look, thanks for that.

      Delete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...