I spent two or three hours wandering the reserve and here are some of the things I saw...
| black and red froghopper (Cercopis vulnerata) |
| male reed bunting |
A damsel trapped in one of the bird hides...
Soon transported outside :)
I thought I was going to really enjoy my visit here and come home with far too many photos of brilliant wildlife but it was all rather average. If I'm honest, I didn't like it. It's a city nature reserve and it felt like one. I guess it didn't help that it was a bank holiday and good weather as there were too many cyclists, dog walkers, joggers and push chairs for my liking, but I don't feel in a hurry to revisit. I guess I prefer my places a little more wild and rugged and definitely with fewer people!


Looking at the photos, I thought I would have enjoyed a visit there but reading the last part, maybe not so much. Still, it must be a nice place for the local visitors. Have a lovely week.
ReplyDeleteThat's a shame but I know how you feel - we stayed away from the tourist places this weekend as I couldn't face the crowds and traffic. Lovely photo of a reed bunting though. x
ReplyDeleteIs the reserve named for David Attenborough?
ReplyDelete