Pages

Wednesday, 30 March 2016

Day 304 - Wild Wednesday at Carsington

I spent the day at Carsington Water again, volunteering with Derbyshire Wildlife Trust.

I love Wild Wednesdays and today, the weather was pleasant and we were able to run the Easter event in the outdoor classroom which mean we could do pond dipping and campfire bread as well as crafts.

The outdoor classroom at Carsington is one of my favourite places for pond dipping. It's a lovely view and there are always lots of creatures in the pond!






Easter crafts included pipe cleaner bunnies...


Spring animals (rabbits, chicks, sheep)

 

and making cheerio bird feeders and pine cone bird feeders. We had a 'Who Stole all the Easter eggs?' trail too for learning all about rabbits and hares.

I noticed some eggs (I assume) on a hazel tree whilst we were setting up...


I don't know what they are... do you?!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...