Day 21 should really have been a day off, but I'd planned to work a couple of hours in the morning as I had a meeting and then ended up working all day (a combination of a colleague losing her keys so borrowing my van & keys plus being on a roll work wise!)...
For my 'random act of wildness' I decided to revisit a nature reserve I've done wildplay at in the past to see if there were still wildflowers around the car park.
You can see a photo of the same patch taken two years ago >> here. Since then, the council - who maintain the site - have been working on it to build up the seed bank in the soil. I hadn't been to thos spot for a couple of years and I'd rather expected it to have been weed killed by now if I'm honest, so was pleased to see there are even more flowers now.
There were lots on insects around too :)
![]() |
| mirid bugs |
| cornflower |
| hoverfly (Eristalis tenax) on corn chamomile |
| corn chamomile with 7 spot larva |
| corncockle |
| corn marigold |


Beautiful photos of the wildflowers :) x
ReplyDelete