As it's National Volunteers Week, Derbyshire Wildlife Trust hosted a social gather for volunteers followed by a guided walk around their Gang Mine nature reserve.
I had to go straight from work, making it a rather long day, but it was a beautiful evening for a walk at Gang Mine and nice to have chance to meet other volunteers too.
I've visited Gang Mine several times over the past few years so it's flora and fauna is not unfamiliar to me, but as I said in yesterday's post, there's always something new to learn or see and it was a lovely walk and an interesting talk about the reserve.
| leadwort or spring sandwort grows here as the site is calaminarian grassland as a result of its lead mining past |
Alpine pennycress, seeds and flowers
There are mountain pansies too
Did you get outdoors today?

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)