It was a long, chaotic day at school today (well, it is every day at my school, but today there was added chaos!) and on my way home, I felt the need to pause for some fresh air and a moment of calm!
It's been a misty and wet day and driving home, I was watching the mist and drizzle drifting across the landscape and the changing light. I stopped the car for 10 minutes or so and stood out in the drizzle for a few minutes which was quite nice.
I have to work extra this week and I'm already shattered (partly my own fault for staying up far too late last night, reading!) so roll on Friday - the last day of school until September!
In other news I received an ID of the little case I found in the log pile last week...
I put these photos on Twitter* and asked for help and the Natural History Museum ID Team told me today that it is most likely the case left behind by a Lunar Hornet Moth. Now if only I could see the actual moth in the garden! I'm wondering if there might be one of two more hatching out soon too (they lay more than one egg) but who knows as some of the logs from this tree will have gone on the fire. I'll keep an eye on the log pile anyway, you never know!
See more about this moth here - http://ukmoths.org.uk/show.php?bf=371
*I joined Twitter about a year ago after I realised how useful it would be for wildlife related things - like identifying, learning things and following my favourite organisations, local places etc. It's been brilliant - I've learned loads! If any of my blog followers are also 'Twitterers' let me know :)
OOOh, interesting!!x
ReplyDeleteNice place to watch the rain Louise. Glad you were able to identify the little case on your log pile.
ReplyDelete