I have (naturally) thought about keeping this blog going with regular posts but when the #StayWild plans were announced I didn't need much persuading!
![]() |
| picture from The Wildlife Trusts |
Here's a link to the Stay Wild info - http://www.wildlifetrusts.org/staywild
Looking back at my 365 Project photos, most of my daily snaps are nature and outdoors based so I figured it shouldn't be too hard to keep the 30 Days Wild going into 365 Days Wild. Well, next year is a leap year so it'll be 366 Days really.
I won't be doing it the same way as I have for June - my self imposed minimum requirement for my wild activity to count for 30 Days Wild was that it had to last for at least 30 minutes, though most were at least an hour.
For the next 335 days to complete a whole year, my aim will be more simple - the minimum requirement is just a few minutes to appreciate nature each day, along with a photo taken. I will combine this with my 365 project too. Obviously there will be lots of days when I do something bigger than a moment and a photo but that won't be every day. I might not publish a blog post every single day though I will do a post about each day, even if I just upload one photo.
So... into a Wild Year I go...
Today, Day 31, has been so hot that I decided to do one of the 'wild ideas' I didn't fit into June - to dip my feet in a river! I don't do well with heat, it makes me feel ill, but 17 minutes standing in the cool flowing waters of the River Dane helped!
First I spent a bit of time enjoying the feel of the sandy soil beneath my feet.
First contact with the river!
I hitched up my skirt and went knee deep (pictures taken from camera on a rock)
After fifteen minutes walking around in the river, I sat on a rock at the edge and dipped my toes for a few minutes more
Then wandered back along the path above the river.
There was a gorgeous smell of warm pine trees wafting down... I haven't walked that path up the steps for a long time - perhaps that's something I will do this year. It's a nice walk.
Looking down on the river from the path
Then from the bridge
I've been enjoying the smells of freshly cut grass too (all day long) - hay making season is in full swing around here!
I've also booked my Birdfair tickets, got Hen Harrier Day 2015 plans sorted and booked a short camping trip for the summer holidays too :)

Nice, this is my first visit to your blog, but I've long loved your 365 pictures
ReplyDeletePandorasecho (Duxie Goode) on 365
Oops, Dixie. Lol
ReplyDeletenice blog, also from 365project as zosimasy :)
ReplyDeleteNice post, great scenery and well done for keeping going with the blog too.
ReplyDeleteyay! and enjoy the 365 days project what a great plan! yes, i can see its not hard for you to stay wild!!!!! you have the most beautiful landscape around you!...and might i just add i love your skirt (thats my textiles degree mind working !~ i love patterns and textures!) ...if i go anywhere along a river down by the sea! i just have to take my shoes off and paddle...cool!!!! in this heat wave...though rain tapping on the back door today in devon! x
ReplyDeleteyour wonderful photographs have been a real delight to me and real inspiration all in one ;) x
Deleteyour wonderful photographs have been a real delight to me and real inspiration all in one ;) x
DeleteOh I love it! As soon as the email popped into my inbox I thought, yes! I'm moving currently so am very busy but I am going to try to incorporate the wild theme into my day and keep that theme running through my posts too! I've loved your 30 Days Wild posts and I look forward to more! Love that photo of first contact with the river too - must have felt so good with the heat we've been having. - Tasha
ReplyDeleteAre you going to Northumberland at all this year? Would be so cool to meet up if you were and we were there at the same time! This is a WONDERFUL idea- I love the idea of walking in a river, I usually like to get into water if I can! It looks so delicious- my house is like a furnace at the moment, I would love a dip!
ReplyDeleteNice skirt by the way- what a pretty colour and print!x
This reminds me of cooling my feet in the sea at Scarborough this week - loved it! Also feeling the skirt love like some of the other comments :-) I wish you well with 365 days. x
ReplyDelete