Pages

Thursday, 23 July 2015

Day 48 - A walk in Lancashire

I've been away all week - without phone signal or wifi - hence my lack of blogging this week but I'm home now with lots of catching up to do :)

On Saturday I headed north to Lancashire for an overnight stay with family. In the afternoon, we went out for a five mile walk.  A walk during which I...

Looked for insects and flowers (as always!)

a final instar red legged shieldbug
A field full of yellow rattle
yellow loosestrife I think
small tortoiseshell
common spotted orchid
Lords and Ladies

Enjoyed the sight and sound wind rippling across the long grass


Said hello to the locals


Sampled a very local cider in a village pub after walking past the place where it is made. It was good.

 
and enjoyed the views


Three of us also spent about an hour and a half on an impromptu balsam pulling mission which was very satisfying, even if my arms/hands did get absolutely covered in scratches and stings! All part of the fun! It wasn't planned, we just spotted a bit and one pull and snap led to another and another, and we got carried away! There aren't any photos of that bit of wild time though - I was too busy pulling to pick up the camera!






1 comment:

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...