Pages

Sunday, 7 February 2016

Day 252 - Wild Wind in Lancashire

A walk with family in Lancashire today. It was windy. I don't like wind at all and this was a very strong wind - not the kind of weather I really like to be out in! I'd rather walk in rain than wind. Luckily for me, it was just a 3.5 mile walk. Walking up to a the trig point on Beacon Hill, above the village of Grindleton, the wind was so strong I could actually lean back on it, and I was almost blown over a couple of times!

Pendle Hill in the distace





A quick video just to record a bit of that wind!  This is the edge of the forest on Grindleton Fell. Obviously, they've been clearing all the pines and replanting it with more a more diverse population of trees - there were various species planted out.


Nearing the Trig Point on Beacon Hill (The Trig is just ahead of F&A in the photo)


There are great views from here with the Yorkshire Three Peaks (Whernside, Ingleborough and Pen-y-ghent) visible if it's clear.




Heading back now, views towards Pendle Hill again..



I was so glad to get back to the car after this walk! If I go out in the wind I seek a sheltered place to walk usually, not the high ground and up a hill!  At least the rain held off. There was rain all around, but never actually on us!







2 comments:

  1. That's some very strong wind there!!! Wow!!! I'm always a bit scared walking in the wind!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of wind either. Love the second photo. Such a lovely place - adding it to my ever-growing list! X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...