Pages

Friday, 19 February 2016

Day 264 - The Gardens at Rode Hall

This morning,  I drove over to Rode Hall in neighbouring Cheshire and spent a couple of hours wandering in the gardens...



I watched nest building herons on the island in the  pool


corkscrew hazel




There were a few willow sculptures placed around the gardens, made by nearby Redstone Willow













I think this is a cornelian cherry








witch hazel









I called at the cafe of course before heading home!

 

It has been four year since my one and only previous visit and both occasions were very cold, grey days! One day I might visit in a different season, perhaps to see the bluebells a little later in the year.







2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of Rode Hall but it looks a lovely place to visit. Love all the hellebores and the pheasant sculptures were particularly effective. Hope you had a good half term. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always an interesting visit, last year we were queuing to get in. Haven't been this year but it looks as lovely as ever and I love the willow sculptures especially the hares:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...