I spent a couple of hours just wandering around in the woods, sometimes on the main paths, sometimes off the main paths, exploring deeper. I covered three miles in total.
After my woodland wander, I visited the Woodland Coffee Stop for hot chocolate and some delicious chocolate and ginger flapjack before heading home.
This is the view from the large window in the photo of the Woodland Discovery Centre above.
I liked this little stool positioned by the window for small visitors to birdwatch from!
This eagle was impressive too - I thought it was stuffed at first, but it's carved out of wood (and for sale!)
I can't believe how many times in my life I've travelled right past these woods and never visited! I will want to stop for a wander (and a cake!) here every time I'm passing now. Today, the wood was alive with the sound of birdsong (there's a large area of the wood fenced off as a bird sanctuary) and I saw quite a few different species. There were bluebell shoots all over the wood so it'll be a lovely place to visit in spring and I bet it's pretty good in autumn too. I will definitely be wandering in Ecclesall Woods again in future!

What a wonderful place to visit.. that carved eagle is amazing. Don't blame you for waiting to visit again.. I look forward to seeing future posts about it :o) x
ReplyDelete