Pages

Wednesday, 17 February 2016

Day 262 - Wild Wednesday

A voluntary day with Derbyshire Wildlife Trust. We were indoors today (lucky as the weather wasn't very pleasant!) for a 'Barmy About Barn Owls' family event in which we ran two sessions where we learned about barn owls, made a barn owl, met two real barn owls (Dick and Dom, who have featured here before) and then dissected barn owl pellets and identified the skulls and some of the bones found.







A very busy day but good - the adults and children all enjoyed it!





2 comments:

  1. I would love to find a Owl pellet and have a look through it. Beautiful bird.
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owl pellets are fascinating! I read an amazing book on.owls and I'd love to see one!!!x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...