Today it was Wild Wednesday again, my voluntary time with Derbyshire Wildlife Trust. It would have been the same as last Wednesday were it not for the weather! Cold, very windy and frequent heavy downpours of rain, hail and sleet.
We held the event in the Wildlife Discovery Room (indoor classroom) and obviously had to swap the pond dipping and camp fire bread so we did decoupage eggs and colouring instead. Here's the full list...
It was quite busy, I didn't take many photos but here are a few of the crafts.
We had one family come along with several children who had been for a walk around the reservoir and collected all sorts of natural materials with the intention of making a stick family. They asked if they could assemble them in the classroom and we said yes! Here's one stick man...
I made myself a cheerio bird feeder during a quiet few minutes and then when I got home, I hung it up in the garden for the birds. I probably should have waited until tomorrow given how wet and wild it is outdoors this evening! I also discovered that there's now frog spawn in the pond which was laid in the last day or so. Yay!
Oh, and also today, I signed up for 30 Days Wild 2016! Are you going to join in this year?! Here's -- the link -- to sign up.
Great works of art, very nice and very colourful too.
ReplyDeleteI think I'd have done the bird feeders and the bunnies :) Not sure whether I'm going to do 30 Days yet. I started last year's with lots of enthusiasm but it was a real pain towards the end. We'll be away for the start of it too though it shouldn't be too hard to find some wild things to do in Northumberland! X
ReplyDeleteI love the Stick Man! So cool that they decided to do it!
ReplyDeleteI'd like to do 30 days wild but I might find it more challenging where I live now!