Pages

Thursday, 21 April 2016

Day 326 - Tadpoles


Most of the tadpoles hatched in the pond this morning :)



Here they are, wriggling in a big group. 


There were still a few not yet hatched but wriggling inside the jelly.





These photos were taken this morning. I checked on the tadlets* again whilst my dinner was cooking and there seems to be a lot more, though there are still some unhatched. Perhaps more have hatched from lower down, or maybe they've just all cosied up together for the night!



*I'm calling them tadlets as they're so tiny and not quite proper tadpoles yet, hehe!





6 comments:

  1. Tadlets is a good name for them!!! I loved them wriggling around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise, I love tadpoles or as they are affectionately known as taddies in Australia. Great footage and photos.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see and there are so many, they are going to be all over when they become frogs, I have witnessed a mass exodus of tiny frogs from a large pond, they were making there way to the nearest field across a path. Sadly a lot did not make it.
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm enjoying watching the progress of your tadlets. I need to find a proper pond around here as our lake doesn't have the right environment for that kind of wildlife. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing them too! Not seen as many on my walks though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...