Travelling to school this morning, I met two curlews and a tawny owl! It's a shame I couldn't take better photos! The alder branches were rather in the way of the owl and I knew if I moved, it would move. The curlews were just out in the middle of a field so I was at full zoom.
Whilst I am very unhappy with my job/school, I can't really complain about the journey (well actually, I can - country lanes means some huge potholes!). I desperately want a new job, but that'll mean changing my current, entirely-rural-route to work which wouldn't be so good as these are the kinds of sights I be missing out on!
Beautiful shots here Louise, you got some great photos! Especially lovely to see the tawny owl too. I'm sorry to hear that your job is getting you down - I know that feeling so I hope that things can get better for you, or that something you love comes along, but I agree, the route you have is a lovely one indeed. - Tasha
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry you are unhappy with work. It's horrid when that is the case. My husband keeps wanting to move somewhere further out but I really don't want to leave the job I love and find something which I will hate!
ReplyDeleteThe curlews are really cool!!! They look like whimbrels (from the picture in my music book)- I had no idea they had those beaks!
Wonderful pictures. Curlews fascinate me. They fall into that category of birds that look both ridiculous and incredibly graceful at the same time.
ReplyDelete