Pages

Saturday, 16 April 2016

Day 321 - Forest School

Forest School again today, volunteering with Derbyshire Wildlife Trust.  This month, we just had two family sessions, no kids only group this time.

The theme was senses so today's activities including playing the 'magic stick' game, listening to sounds all around us (first just listening, then cupping our ears (Deer Ears!) and the with deer ears and our eyes closed - to highlight how taking away one sense strengthens another), a scavenger hunt where we had to find some prickly, something that smelled sweet, something that smelled horrible, something fluffy and so on.

We also tasted hawthorn leaves and did some rainbow chip colours matching.


We ended the session by making journey sticks with the aim of tying on something to represent each sense we experienced today.






2 comments:

  1. I love the journey sticks and the different elements you attached - I have to look up these forest schools near me as I'd love to get involved. - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do think these are brilliant things you do!x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...