Well, I hope it survived. I gave it a chance at survival at least. It didn't appear to be harmed and it seemed bright eyed and active after I'd caught it to release back in to the wild.
Later, between taking Gran shopping and going to school for the afternoon, instead of having half an hour at home as I usually do, I headed straight to school and stopped to eat an apple for lunch whilst sitting on a wall on the way...
I usually teach phonics for an hour every afternoon but today's phonics sessions were cancelled due to a class being out on their
Only three children showed any interest but that's better than none at all I guess! This is what one of them created. I bribed them a little as all three wanted to use the school camera so I said if they created a piece of leaf art they could take a photo of it themselves which they enjoyed doing!
It's very rare I get to do anything natured related or outdoors at school so my hour outdoors was quite a treat today, especially as the sun was shining once again!
I'm not sure what those poky things are on the moss, but they're super fun and friendly looking. And the vole! That's so great!
ReplyDeleteThey're lichen, some type of Cladonia species, possibly the one known as pixie cups!
Delete