Pages

Sunday, 30 October 2016

Wild October : Day 29

I needed to pop over to Buxton this afternoon and made a spur of the moment decision to have a wander in nearby Chee Dale for my Wild Time today before heading home. Chee Dale never disappoints, it's one of my favourites!







I intended to just walked down to the cottages, cross the bridge and go a little way along the river before heading home but I didn't want to stop so I walked (and watched dippers) for an hour...

















...and went a little further than the stepping stones before deciding it was time to head back.





I did briefly entertain the idea of heading up there, on to the Monsal Trail for my return walk but it wasn't really going to happen. I like Chee Dale a lot and it's quiet down here. The Monsal Trail is much busier and full of cyclists and is just flat and boring in my opinion! I stuck with retracing my steps back through Chee Dale. You don't see trout, dippers and grey wagtails from the trail!





A very pleasant walk and especially pleasing as it was just a last minute decision but turned into a great couple of hours :)





1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful post!I adore the photos you took. The swirl of the water is excellent. Nice to see you adventuring through the river as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...