I can never resist stopping to look down over my home turf when I drive along this road! Beautiful rocks :)
The Lovell Telescope was looking bright in the sunshine to the left of the panorama...
Beresford Dale looks pretty good in autumn!
As I walked down the lane, alongside the wall in the picture below, I heard a little bird and turned to see a goldcrest perched on the wall looking at me, and another on a shrub next to it! A lovely moment - not captured on camera though sadly!
It's one of my favourite paddling spots! I put the camera on the bridge for a couple of paddling selfies - it's very rare I feature in photos!
Though it's quite a busy spot being at a junction between Beresford Dale, Wolfscote Dale and Biggin Dale - three very pleasant dales to walk (I walked all three that last time I was here, I should do that walk again!)
After my dip in the river I walked alongside it (it's the River Dove), then through the young wood and out across the fields to the village of Hartington. I used to visit this village quite often as a child with my Grandparents and so am quite fond it it! There's not a huge amount there, there's the famous cheese shop of course) plus cafes and a few little shops, but there are some excellent walks that begin from the village.
In Hartington, I had a drink and some cake in the farm shop and then visited the village store before walking back via the same route I'd taken to get there, over the fields and alongside the river.
I love to walk beside water :) It reminds me of nights at home as I could hear the waterfall in the river close to my childhood home on quiet nights.
I rather didn't want to leave that sunny spot by the bridge but it was time to head home... just one more moment to enjoy the sunshine before I did though...
It was so good to get out for a walk, even if I wasn't feeling my best! I do always feel better outdoors when I'm ill! What a fantastic October it has been so far with so much sunshine to highlight the colours of the season. I hope the good weather can last through half term week too!
Lovely scenes of autumn! Hope you feel better soon. :-)
ReplyDeleteLovely walk, something special about the Autumn sunshine shining through the leaves. Love the photos of the fungi.
ReplyDeleteAmanda xx
Sorry to hear you're not feeling too well, I hope you'll feel better soon. Lovely colours during your walk, autumn is such beautiful time of year!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely place, and I love the selfies! Hope you feel better soon, I'm on week 3 of a cold! I'm grumpy as hell :)
ReplyDelete