Forest school today with Derbyshire Wildlife Trust (my monthly volunteering session). A damp, grey and misty start to the day but by the afternoon it was a lovely autumn day.
With the younger groups we built mini shelters for 'dinkies' (I know we've done similar activities before but we regularly have new children attending so for many of them mini shelters was a first time activity) and then we made hot chocolates with Kelly Kettles.
At the session for older children we played 'disappearing ninjas', a fun variant on hide and seek and then learned a little about A frame and lean to shelters before having a go and creating a shelter themselves.
I always enjoy your forest sessions Louise, and the shelters for the 'dinkies' are just lovely. I'm glad the weather turned around for you as well, always nice. Thank you for ID-ing that flower for me, ah, can't believe it's an invasive species! A little bit disappointed by that find, but good to know what it is for future reference, so thank you! - Tasha
ReplyDelete